The following are standard terms of contract of
Gatekeeper Technology Ltd ("the Company").
- All orders are accepted subject to the following conditions which shall
form part of and govern the contract. Any variation of these conditions
in any document of the Client is inapplicable unless accepted in writing
by the Company.
- No variation may be made to the contract of sale except in writing
between the parties.
- QUOTATIONS AND ESTIMATES
- The placing of an order following the Company's estimate shall not be
binding on the Company unless and until accepted by the Company.
- Additions or alterations to orders, however made, shall not be binding
on the Company until accepted by the Company.
- The Company does not do fixed-price contracts. Whilst we are happy
to give estimates for the convenience of clients, the final price will
be determined by the time which is fact taken.
- Where off-hours (evenings, weekends and bank holidays) are worked at
the customer's request, a premium may be charged. Estimates reflect work
done in normal working hours, unless at the discretion and agreement of
- Where site visits are required, time in transit and the cost of transport
will be chargeable unless agreed otherwise.
- All prices quoted are exclusive of United Kingdom Value Added Tax
unless specifically stated otherwise.
- TIME OF COMPLETION OF ORDER
- Whilst every endeavour will be made to complete work commissioned
within the time quoted the Company shall not be responsible for any delay,
- In respect of delivery of goods, any time stated is given in good faith
but is by way of estimation only and is not binding upon the Company.
- Delays caused by the failure of the Client to deliver agreed necessary
materials, systems and/or data in a timely manner are the responsibility
of the Client, who accepts that it is reponsible for variations in
estimates so caused.
- The Company shall not be liable for any loss or damage whether
direct or indirect or consequential which is or might be occasioned to
the Client or any customer of the Client arising out of or in any way
due to any delay or default in delivery or completion of any goods or
services under the contract however caused.
- OTHER CONDITIONS
- The Company shall not be held responsible or liable for loss or
unavailability of data howsoever occasioned.
- Copyright in all original code, configuration files, documentation
and copy is and remains the property of the Company,
and these are provided to the Client under the terms of
the GNU General Public
License, version 3 (or, at the Client's discretion, any later version).
- The Company may substitute the primary consultant with another
representative of the Company provided that the Client is satisfied
that the proposed substitute has the necessary skills, experience and
training to fulfil the contract services.
- Except where otherwise specifically agreed in writing, payment must
be made upon presentation of invoice whether at completion of contract,
or at month's end, or at an intermediate stage as agreed between the
Company and the Client.
- Late paid invoices are subject to statutory interest and penalties,
as provided for by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act, 1998.
- The Company reserves the right to request payment in advance for
items of hardware.
- OWNERSHIP OF GOODS
- Goods and services provided shall remain the property of the
Company until payment is received in full.
- FORCE MAJEURE
- The Company shall be entitled in writing to terminate the contract
at any time should the Company be in any way prevented or hindered by a
cause beyond its reasonable control from performing the same. In this
event the Company shall be entitled to recover the price of any goods
or services provided to the Client.
- This contract and these conditions shall be subject to and construed in
accordance with English law and the Client is deemed to submit to the
jurisdiction of the English courts.